Team leaders make a significant impact on every outcome in an organisation, The 6 Critical Practices help develop the interpersonal skills they need for success.
The effectiveness of your team leaders is the “difference-maker” in achieving your mission. From employee productivity and engagement, customer satisfaction and loyalty, quality and innovation, and overall performance, these are the leaders you rely on to get the job done.
People skills typically account for 80 percent of success in this role, yet many people are promoted because of their technical capabilities. How do bridge the development gap so that they, and their teams, can thrive?
The 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team is a special collection of carefully curated content from proven FranklinCovey offerings. The mindsets, skillsets, and toolsets provide team leaders at all levels with relevant and practical resources to help them excel in this challenging role.
- Develop a leader’s mindset: explore the critical mindset shifts that will maximise your success as a leader of others.
- Hold regular one-on-ones: increase engagement of team members by conducting regular 1-on-1s, deepen your understanding of team member issues, and help them solve problems for themselves.
- Set your team up to get results: create clarity about team goals and results; delegate responsibility to team members while providing the right level of support.
- Create a culture of feedback: Give feedback to develop team member confidence and competence; improve your own performance by seeking feedback from others.
- Lead your team through change: identify specific actions to help team members navigate and accelerate through change and achieve better performance.
- Manage your time and energy: use weekly planning to focus on the most important priorities, and strengthen your ability to be an effective leader by applying the 5 Energy Drivers.