Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential
Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Increase Potential™
There is nothing more fundamental to performance than how we see and treat each other as human beings. Addressing unconscious bias lets your people thrive.
Every day, your people are faced with countless bits of information while making decisions that range from the pragmatic to the strategic. As they confront more and more information and have to act quickly while considering varying perspectives, your leaders and team members are primed to rely on biased thinking called unconscious bias.
Bias is a natural part of the human condition—of how the brain works. And it affects how we make decisions, engage with others, and respond to various situations and circumstances, often limiting potential.
Unconscious biases are how our brains compensate for overload which can inhibit performance and lead to poor decision-making. Helping your leaders and team members address bias will let them thrive, increasing performance across your entire organisation.
How Does Understanding Bias Make a Difference?
Unconscious Bias Training
Unconscious Bias: Course Details
How Will You Benefit?
Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential offers a principle-based and practical approach to identifying and addressing bias in our everyday life.
It does so by going beyond simply raising awareness to helping participants build practical skills that let them recognise bias in action and counter its potentially harmful effects.
This solution will help organisations to:
- Develop leaders who create an inclusive workplace and address unconscious bias’s impact on decision making.
- Build a culture where everyone feels respected, included, and valued.
- Improve collaboration between newly acquired groups or between existing functional silos.
- Develop an inclusive culture that positively impacts the bottom line.
- Shift from a compliance-based approach to diversity training to a more practical, action-oriented approach.
- Close the gap between expected and actual behaviours in how people see and treat each other.
Download These Unconscious Bias Guides
Bias is a complex and sometimes controversial issue. Is it any wonder that there are so many misconceptions around what to do? Before you can take steps to operate more fairly and effectively at work, you need to get your bearings. Download your free guides here.
© Copyright 2021. FranklinCovey Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.